Website | Costs 20 Euro per person
I really don’t want to spoil anything, however this three-hour winding route through the heart of Barcelona at the time of the revolution is an absolute must. The use of George Orwell’s “Homage to Catalonia” along with the photography, artwork and music of the time helped to give a vibrancy and relevance to the whole experience. Nick Lloyd was the perfect tourguide and his wealth of knowledge is evident. The flow of the tour mirrored the flow of events during the revolution, letting the facts and events speak for themselves. I can’t recommend going on this tour enough.
- Vibrant and knowledgeable guide who shines new light on popular city locations
- Superb use of handouts/photos/music to set the mood
- Amazing Q&A at a CNT run bar surrounded by period photos/art to end the experience
- Barcelona is hot so taking water & snacks is a must
- Not all locations on the tour are wheelchair accessible
- I didn’t have time to do the 6 hour version of the tour!